Saturday, February 21, 2009

My Neighbor Totoro

Ok, this isn't an artsy post. I've been working on some birthday cards, but I haven't finished them. I wanted to post about a movie I just saw. I ordered it from Netflix- it is one I've wanted to see for ages. I thought DH would watch it with me, but he informed me he was NOT interested in Japanese anime no matter what. Oh, well, excuse me!!! I decided that since I was taking it easy today due to not feeling well, I'd watch it. My Neighbor Totoro was so cute! I loved Spirited Away, and since this was by the same Japanese animation studio, I thought it would be good, too! Wow, was it ever!! I loved it! You must see it!
I don't want to give anything away- just say two sisters go to live in a new house with their dad while their mother is recuperating in the hospital. They meet this special spirit of the woods called Totoro. I know it sounds hokey, but you must see it! Such a sweet movie!!!

That's it for now. I'm still working on some cards I need finished by tomorrow. I'll be back soon!

2 comments:

Anne said...

Hi, Kristin! Sorry you're under the weather! Hope you feel better soon! :-)

Nicole K/GothamGal said...

Totoro? That's totally artsy and creative... He's one of the good guys. :-)

Are you going to be adding something Studio Ghibli to your art journal?

My favorite is Spirited Away, but I like Howl's Moving Castle, too....

Feel better!