I received a Blog award from Nicole (GothamGal!) I met her on 2Peas, and we started talking a lot. We are Christian Bale buddies- she more than I, but hey, he's a good actor! She makes tremendous cards, and she is very inspirational!
To pick up the Your Blog is Fabulous Award:
List 5 addictions
Cut and paste the award logo and use it in your own blog
Nominate 5 other blogs you think are fabulous
Comment on their blogs to let them know they've received the award
Link back to the person who gave you the award to show your appreciation
Here are my 5 addictions:
1. Creating Art: art of any kinds gives me a high I rarely find anywhere else! I love stamping, painting, mixed media, whatever- just give me some time to do it, and I'm a happy camper! My only wish- to have a studio just for creating art!
2. Reading: though, this should be probably be lower on the addiction list as I don't always have time to do it, I still love. What else, besides movies, can transport you away from the norm and show you a new life and a new story- different from yours?? I love reading- mostly historical fiction, but I'm not picky!!
3. Movies- (bet you knew this one was coming!) Oh yeah! I LOVE movies! I buy them all the time. I'll watch a movie over and over when I get obsessed with one. I'll watch it back to back, I'll watch the special features! Give me a behind the scenes view, and I'm hooked. "Am I picky about my movies," you ask? Pretty much no, but I will not watch horror movies!!! However, animated, musicals, suspense, action, love story, comedy, satire, documentary- anything will work! Just no horror, please
4. Computers- especially the internet. I can spend hours on a computer and not even realize the time has gone by. I love searching the internet for a variety of things. I also love playing with images and graphics! I do some website design for my job, and I love it. (I really have no need for a personal website aside from my blog!) I just love computers!
5. Travel- oh, if I had more money, I'd go everywhere! Work? Who needs it! I need a job like Rick Steves; his only job is to tour the world and give advice to others through his books and TV shows. That would be the life! How fantastic to see all the corners of the world and get paid for it. I haven't been too many places, but I love going on trips and I love planning them. If a travel agent was a decent job, I think I would like to do that! Trips I would like to take: Paris, London, Ireland, Italy, Caribbean, US tour, etc! Just give me a glimspe of a hope of a trip, and I'm all over it!!!
Now, on to the nominations:
1. Shonna- She has the most amazing art- so whimsical and fun! She is so nice, too! She has always been kind when I've contacted her! I would love to get to know her better. Go check out her blog and you will be hooked as I am!!
2. Nancy- She is the nicest woman you'll ever meet. Plus, she makes the most incredible victorian art, you have ever seen!!!! She cleverly puts new images with old ones to make awesome creations!
3. Kimmie- She has the most interesting way of doing and seeing things! She does incredible work or all kinds! Everytime I visit her website, I'm in awe of the work she does! Awesome and inspiring!!!
4. Dawn- She does the most amazing and inspiring Journal entries. Very graphic and consiting of doodles! I love the way she journals! I've tried to immitate it, but I'm no Dawn! I still check her blog every day just to see what new and exciting thing she has done!!!!
5. Wyanne- I found Wyanne through YouTube! She does some very whimsical but beautiful artwork!! I love how different her collages are, and I love to watch her videos to see how she collages everything. It is fascinating to see what she uses to collage her images or to create her painted backgrounds! Thanks Wyanne!
Thanks, Nicole, again for the award! It means a lot!
I'm really hoping to get back into weekly blog updates if not more. I'm sorry it has been so crazy! Take care and keep making art!!!!!
Growing in Unity Blog Hop!
10 hours ago