Wednesday, March 18, 2009

KitchenAid Mixer!!!

Ok, I can no longer contain myself! I got a KitchenAid Mixer this weekend. My husband found it on Craig'slist! It is a 5 quart professional mixer, and it is RED!!!! I'm so excited! It is bigger than I wanted, but who cares, the price was right! I've used it once, and I plan to do some more baking tomorrow and Friday (Macaron day! There will be a post!!).

Unfortunately, I have misplaced the card adaptor for my camera's memory card, and I can't get my pictures downloaded! *sniff* *sniff*. I have a card reader at school that will read that card, but I'm on Spring Break right now. As soon as I can, I'll post the pictures my husband took when we first got it home and the pictures I took of its first use!!!

It is a beautiful mixer, and it works like a dream! Baking will be so much more enjoyable with the perfect tool! (Not that I didn't enjoy baking before, but having the right tool makes all the difference in the world!!)

If you don't understand my utter excitement, let me explain. Ever since I registered for my wedding 3 years ago (maybe even before that!), I've wanted a KitchenAid mixer. When I registered, I registered for a black Artisan mixer. Well, needless to say, I didn't receive it, and I decided that our wedding money was better spent on other everyday items. I had a small hand mixer which was fine. It go me through some baking expeditions. However, this past December, it died while I was making my husband's birthday cake. Then, for about a month, I've wanted a mixer and have been looking. I've had this urge to bake and was unable to do so without a mixer. Then, I discovered some recipes for homemade marshmellows and macarons! They both required a whisk attachment. Yes, other mixers had that, but why settle for something else when I've always wanted a KitchenAid.

At that point, my husband and I kept our eyes out for a good deal. There was no way I could pay full price for a KitchenAid mixer- it just wasn't going to happen. Well, about a week and a half ago, my husband sold one of his trucks which gave us a little money. (My husband gave me $500 to start my Etsy shop which I plan to do this summer!! Whoo-hoo!!) Anyway, just Saturday, he saw a red, professional mixer on Craig'slist. Well, I was out all day Saturday, and by the time he told me about it, I thought it was gone for sure. I emailed the seller, and then waited. There was no news. Sunday, there was no news. We went to church and then to lunch. I happened to check my phone after lunch to see a strange number had called and left a message. Sure enough, it was the owner of the mixer! She still had it! We went straight over there and bought it for $100!!! I was so excited!!!!

I am so excited! As soon as I get my pictures off my camera, I will show you the beauty!!

Ok, a brief bit about Friday. Friday, March 20 is Macaron Day in Paris. Granted, I'm not in Paris, but I'm going to celebrate Macaron day by trying to make my own macarons. I've become obsessed with them- I'll explain more on Friday. Just keep your fingers crossed mine come out ok! I can't wait!

2 comments:

Anne said...

Hi, Kristin! I have a blue KitchenAid mixer and I absolutely adore it! The whisk attachment lets you get lots of air into cakes (makes them fluffy) and the bread dough hook is awesome! We make breadsticks a lot and homemade bread and I always use my KitchenAid. After I tried one at my grandma's house the first time, I was a goner. There is no substitute! I totally get your excitement!! Have fun! :-)

Nicole K/GothamGal said...

Wow! That's an amazing deal--Congrats.

I have a pink KitchenAid mixer that I got for Christmas and my birthday about 3 years ago--and I LOVE it!

Did you get the recipe book with it? If not, let me know and I can scan and send you some of them. I try and make our own pizza dough. When I took my cake class, it was so easy and quick to get things done for the class because of the mixer.

Congrats, also, on your etsy shop. Please keep me updated so I can profile it. Take care!