Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Sketchbook Project 2011- Should I? Shouldn't I?

I came across this from a link on facebook.
The Sketchbook Project: 2011

It looks pretty awesome. You sign up for $25. They send you a moleskine sketchbook. You make sketches according to one of 20+ themes, and then you send it back. They get sketchbooks from all over the world. Then, all the completed sketchbooks go on tour. People all over the country get to look at your sketchbook. After the tour, the sketchbooks will stay in the Brooklyn Art Library where it will receive a barcode and be there for anyone to check out and explore! As the artist, you can even track your sketchbook to find out how many people are checking it out! How awesome!

Yes, it all sounds very cool, I admit, however, I do have some reservations. . .(this is me. . .I can't do anything without reservations! geez!) Just looking at the website and the few samples I could find, my artwork pales in comparison! My artwork looks more like a child's drawing than a thirty-something adult. On the other hand, finishing this would be great practice at improving my art. Hmm... My other reservation is will I get it done. I suppose if I don't, I'm not out much- just the money to sign up. Hmm. . Let's see. . reservations: check. . . convinced myself NOT to try: NOPE. I think I'll try it. I don't have much to lose!!!

Has anyone participated in this before? If so, let me know. I'd love to know about your experience!

Take care all!

2 comments:

Teacher Man said...

Do it!

You've got nothing to lose other than $25. :)

Anne said...

Hi, Kristin! Do it! You will have so much fun. I ran out of time on mine last year, and ended up removing a bunch of pages from the center. (You can see how mine turned out here. It can be anything you want it to be. Just have fun! :-)